Aegis Therapeutics ("Aegis") is a drug-delivery and drug-formulation technologies company commercializing its patented drug delivery and protein stabilization technologies through product specific licenses to leading pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies. Our Intravail® absorption enhancement technology enables the non-invasive delivery of a broad range of protein, peptide and non-peptide drugs with high and unmatched bioavailability via the intranasal, oral, buccal, and other transmucosal administration routes. Our ProTek® technology allows creation of proprietary, easily manufacturable and stable aqueous or lyophilized dosage forms that maintain the structural integrity and physiological activity of many protein and peptide therapeutics. ProTek® technology is applicable to injectable, intranasal, and other dosage forms of peptide or protein therapeutics.
Aegis’ Intravail® absorption enhancing excipients provide exceptionally high and unmatched systemic bioavailability performance, comparable in efficiency to injection, via the intranasal and other transmucosal administration routes, delivering potent peptide, protein, and large molecule drugs that can currently only be delivered by injection. Intravail® agents are mild and non-irritating to mucosal membranes.
Intravail® Advantages Include:
- Non-invasive delivery of protein and peptide drugs up to 30,000 Daltons with no alteration of chemical form or biological integrity;
- No irritation of sensitive nasal tissues;
- Elimination of injections for greater patient convenience and compliance;
- Broader clinical indications for existing peptide and protein therapeutics;
- Elimination of needle-stick injuries and associated health risks;
- Patent-life extension and product life-cycle management;
- Maximized value extraction from existing drug franchises – through “product proliferation”;
- Shortened regulatory approval times for “new route of administration” of already approved drugs;
- Simple homogeneous formulations compatible with routine manufacturing and dispensing processes for ease of scale-up and production.
Aegis’ ProTek® protein stabilization technology allows creation of proprietary, easily manufacturable, and stable aqueous or lyophilized dosage forms that maintain the structural integrity and physiological activity of many protein and peptide therapeutics.
ProTek® Advantages Include:
- Easily manufacturable, homogeneous, stable, aqueous dosage forms for peptide or protein therapeutics;
- Applicability to injectable, intranasal, and other dosage forms;
- Reduced aggregation and immunogenicity.